Tuesday, August 4, 2009

More Rabbit News

--> NEWS FLASH <--

THE MATH GUY'S RABBIT CAN MULTIPLY!!!!

(Technically, this is NOT the Math Guy's rabbit. It belongs to his daughter, who purchased it from a pet store a couple of years ago and then hid it in the garage for three days while she worked up the nerve to tell us what she'd done. However, now that she's away at school, guess who does the bulk of caretaking for Miss Rabbit? --That's right.)

Anyway. The other day I was communing with the rabbit and asked it a question, offhandedly:

"Rabbit!" I said. "What is 3 x 5?"

And darned if she didn't woffle her nose 15 times.

"Remarkable!" I said. "And, Rabbit, what is 2 x 4?"

I counted eight woffles.

"Such a mathematical rabbit!" I crowed, and took her through several more examples: 6 x 2, 4 x 4, and 2 x 10. Woffle, woffle, woffle, and she was right on the money EVERY TIME.

My family seems suspicious of her awesome abilities. They seem to believe that I am cheating or perhaps misinterpreting her responses, but I swear she woffles the correct number of times. Anyhow, who cares what they say. I'm considering taking her on the talk show circuit--your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment