Monday, July 6, 2009

Consecutive Numbers Alert

My cousin Susannah, an elementary school teacher in Iowa, sent me this link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090705/od_afp/britainoffbeat

Since I use the standard US convention of month/day/year, July 5 '09 didn't seem so very impressive to me (07/05/09? Okay, whatever...), though of course I'm glad to know the scoop. However, I was awaiting the consecutive-number extravaganza that arrives Wednesday, the 8th of July:

07/08/09

And especially shortly after 4 that morning, precisely six seconds past the changing of the minute, when the time will be

04:05:06
on
07/08/09.

I would plan a celebration to mark such a momentous occasion. However, mathematical import or no, I admit that I intend to be asleep. Maybe we can schedule something for another year, when the consecutive numbers will appear at a more civilized hour. What are you doing at 09:10:11 on 12/13/14? What, your calendar's clear? Good! Save the second.

No comments:

Post a Comment